It's Valentine's Day! The day filled with showering Love on those we care about. I believe Valentine's day is a great day to be nice and show Love to everyone- and hopefully set the pace for doing a little extra for one another every day of the year. Here are a few tips to show some extra love to the people in your community (and beyond) this V-Day:
1. Look up when you walk, and smile!
- Take time today to get out of your head and connect with other great souls around you. Even if it's only for a brief moment, that little exchange of Love can do wonders for the heart.
2. Leave Love notes.
- After you finish your coffee at your local coffee shop, leave a nice little note behind. Leave one at the grocery store counter, or even by the sink in the restroom. Feel free to even leave them around your house! Love notes don't have to be long or intricate, just a simple, "have a beautiful day" or, "You are an incredible being" is amazing.
3. Pay it forward.
- Perhaps you buy the person behind you a cup of coffee, leave a bigger tip than normal, or hold the door for others longer than usual- make an effort to give more of yourself and your resources today.
4. Give compliments.
- We all Love compliments. Compliment as many people as you can today and watch that smile unfold. Seriously beautiful.
5. Send Love to someone you haven't talked to in a while.
- Call, email, text, connect. Let that person know they are still in your heart.
6. Handmade gifting.
- I Love baked goods. I'm sure your neighbor does too! Bake a batch of brownies, or cookies and send over a few to your neighbors.
7. Be environmentally concious.
- Carpool if possible, walk to places that aren't far away, use reusable bags when shopping, try to show the earth some extra Love.
8. Do Loving-Kindness meditation.
- Loving-Kindness meditation has so many benefits. Use today to radiate Loving energy to all sentient beings.
9. Let go, forgive, forget.
- Someone bump into you while walking? Cut you off in traffic? Didn't smile back at you when you smiled at them? Let it go. Forgive. Forget it. There's no need to hold onto that negativity. Remember: you don't know the full story. Wish them well and move on.
10. Talk to a stranger.
- Ask meaningful questions. Get to know someone new.
11. Put your phone away.
- Be fully present with whomever you're with today. Keep your gadgets in your purse. Everything else can wait until later.
- Purge your closets, volunteer your time, give money to your favorite charity. Remember those who are less fortunate than you.
13. Remind yourself just how amazing you are.
- Buy yourself something you've always wanted. Take a nourishing bubble bath. Write a Love note to yourself. You deserve all the Love in the world.
14. Remember that Love is everlasting.
- Love extends past valentines day. People need love all the time. Try to remember to spread love and kindness each day- even if it's something small.
I hope these little suggestions help make your valentines day even more amazing than it already is!
Love You :)